Class Teacher : Miss Perry
Teaching Assistants :
Ms Press (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Miss Williams (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning)
Miss Winstone (Monday and Friday)
Miss Pugh (Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday)
Firstly we would like to welcome you to Dragonfly Class and Four Acres Academy. We hope your children have a fantastic learning experience during their time here.
Dragonfly 1 chidren attend nursery all day Monday and Tuesday and a Wednesday morning. Dragonfly 2 children attend on a Wednesday afernoon and all day Thursday and Friday. Each week our learning consists of both adult led and child led learning which covers the 7 areas of learning from the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
For the Foundation Stage 1 curriculum map click the following link. Curriculum Map 17.18.pdf
Children take part in an activity based on food and cooking at least once a term. This will include exploring different foods and making things to eat. For this we kindly ask for a £1 donation each term. Please give money to a member of nursery staff for the whole year, £6.
Term 1: 'All About Me'
To begin this term we will have a focus on settling in to our new classroom, finding our way around the classroom and making new friends. We will also be learning about ourselves and finding out about the different parts of the body and looking at similarities and differences between ourselves and those around us. The children will also begin to learn new stories and number rhymes.
To view the planning for Term 1 and 2, please click the following link.Term 1 and 2 Medium Term Plan 2017.18 All About me.pdf Please note that this plan is subject to change to reflect the children's interests.
Things to remember:
- Every child should have a bag on their peg with spare clothes in, to include socks.
- A water bottle should be bought to school everyday and clearly named.
Term 2: 'All About Me'
The children have made an excellent start to the year and they have settled in really well. This term will be a very busy term for learning and with Christmas not so far away it will also be very exciting. We begin with a focus on scientific enquiry, followed by taking part in Nursery Rhyme week. We will continue to think about ourselves and our classroom as well as the friends we have made since starting nursery. Please remember to look at Class Dojo to keep up to date with our weekly learning.
Ways to help your child at home
We will support your children as best we can but your support and encouragment at home is also important.
- Count the number of stairs or the number of cars that pass.
- Sing number songs
- Complete number puzzles
- Look out for numbers in the environment
- Talk about the size of different people, objects e.g. taller/shorter
- Talk about the different shapes in the environment.
- Read stories together in a quiet place
- Let your chlidren make up their own stories
- Play games such as 'Simon Says' to develop listening skills
- Help them to recognise and write their own name
- Making marks using different resources e.g. pens, paint, chalk.
- Singing nursery rhymes